Please join ARLIS/SC in San Diego for our Fall Meeting!
Friday, November 6, 2009
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
9:00 Morning registration
9:30 Welcome from Jon Cawthorne, Interim Dean of the Library, San Diego State University
9:45 Opening speaker, Rob Sidner, Mingei International Museum
11:00 Business meeting (Please send agenda items to Sarah Sherman firstname.lastname@example.org)
12:15 Lunch at Faculty Staff Club **
1:30 Maureen Burns Transitions & VRA White Paper
2:45 Virginia Allison Time Management for Creative Types
3:15 Leslie Abrams UCSD’s New Arts Library
3:45 Tour of Special Collections
RSVP or Questions to Alyssa Resnick, email@example.com or 818-548-2010
** Lunch buffet with hot food, sandwich and soup fixings, and a salad bar. $10 will be collected during morning registration; Cash only and exact change is appreciated.
Directions and parking: http://www.sdsu.edu/campusinfo/directions.html
• From the 5 or 15 South, merge onto 8 East, exit College Avenue.
• Bear to the right, and go to the Parking Kiosk at the corner of College Avenue and Crest Canyon Drive.
• Tell them you’re here for a meeting at the library, and you will purchase a $6 day permit that allows you to park in any student space.
• Park across the street in Parking Structure 1, on floors 4 or 5.
• Go up to floor 6 and take the pedestrian bridge to campus. There will be signs to the library, and look for the large glass dome.
• Enter the dome, and go down one floor. Continue straight through the Donor Hall to the old part of the library (aka Love Library) to the elevator and stairs. The meeting is in room LL-430, which is on the 4th floor.
Interactive campus map: https://sunspot.sdsu.edu/map/display.cgi