Our 2021 Winter issue of the Canvas Newsletter is underway, and we are seeking submissions! We would love to hear from you as a way to connect our chapter.
- Have you changed jobs, been promoted, laid off, or retired in the last year? Tell us about it!
- Did you have work slated for presentation at the 48th Annual ARLIS/NA Conference that has been postponed, published elsewhere, or transformed? Let us know!
- Would you like to see a fellow member featured in our Member Spotlight section? Let us know who—or volunteer yourself! We are especially excited to highlight recent graduates and retirees.
- Have you attended virtual programming related to art archiving and librarianship? We’d love to hear about your experience.
- Do you have anything else you’d like to share with our community? This has been a wild time for all of us professionally, and we look forward to sharing some of the stories from our members.
In a new section this year, we are also seeking submissions for the #WorkFromHome Vernacular Photo Series!
- Submit a photo attachment of your own: work from home (or office!), pets and/or kids, a selfie, or anything to reflect your 2020 work reality. Submit 1 sentence we can use as a caption to describe your #WorkFromHome life.
Please send submissions to ARLIS SoCal Web Editor, Dianne Weinthal, via firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 18. We look forward to your contributions!