Our 2021 Winter issue of the Canvas Newsletter is underway. Considering all of the changes in our professional and personal worlds, the deadline for submissions has been extended to Friday, February 19. We would love to hear from you as a way to connect our chapter!
- Have you changed jobs, been promoted, laid off, or retired in the last year? Tell us about it!
- Did you have work slated for presentation at the 48th Annual ARLIS/NA Conference that has been postponed, published elsewhere, or transformed? Are you presenting at the upcoming virtual conference? Let us know!
- Would you like to see a fellow member featured in our Member Spotlight section? Let us know who—or volunteer yourself! We are especially excited to highlight recent graduates and retirees.
- Have you attended virtual programming related to art archiving and librarianship? We’d love to hear about your experience.
- Do you have anything else you’d like to share with our community? This has been a wild time for all of us professionally, and we look forward to sharing some of the stories from our members.
In a new section this year, we are also seeking submissions for the #WorkFromHome Vernacular Photo Series!
- Submit a photo attachment of your own: work from home (or office!), pets and/or kids, a selfie, or anything to reflect your 2020 work reality. Submit 1 sentence we can use as a caption to describe your #WorkFromHome life.
Please send submissions to ARLIS SoCal Web Editor, Dianne Weinthal, via email@example.com by Friday, February 19. We look forward to your contributions!