Thanks so much to those of you who addressed your concerns about meeting in-person or virtually for the Fall 2021 Business Meeting. After much deliberation, we decided that will hold a hybrid version:
Fall Business Meeting Portion
VIRTUAL – Friday, October 1 at 10 am
The Fall Business Meeting will be held virtually via Zoom on Friday, October 1 from 10am-11am, PST. Agenda is forthcoming.
Zoom Link: https://uci.zoom.us/j/9498246672
Optional Lunch at the Huntington Library & Gardens
IN PERSON – Friday, October 1 at 1:30 pm
An OPTIONAL (rsvp required) outdoor lunch at the Huntington Library (Café 1919) will be held at 1:30PM, followed by an optional garden walk/bookstore browse. Please read carefully:
- Masks are required, except when sitting to eat.
- We ask that only fully vaccinated folks plan to RSVP.
- Please RSVP here by Friday, September 10 – tinyurl.com/huntington-lunch.
(Note: we are capped to 20 RSVPs)
- A special thank you to Li Wei Yang (Curator of Pacific Rims Collections at the Huntington) who secured 20 free garden passes! This will allow folks to: enter the grounds, visit the bookstore, access the restaurant, and roam the flowers, without paying the entrance fee! Details will be circulated to those who RSVP.
- This event is subject to cancellation, depending on COVID cases as fall progresses.
Other notes, with love
- We really felt torn about how to approach the Fall Business Meeting. (Nothing quite tops Joshua Tree & Palm Springs, 2019!) Our top concern was delicately balancing peoples’ health and comfort levels, while also acknowledging that some people who are fully vaccinated and masked feel OK (and wanted to) connect in person.
- While we wish we could have planned a better meeting point for our members further south, the garden passes, easy social distancing, and current executive team living in the LA area made this the least stressful meeting point to plan.
- We really hope some of you can make it, if you feel safe to do so!
Thank you, everyone, for your patience and continued support! If you have any concerns, questions, or need clarification on anything, please do reach out to me.
2021 Chair, ARLIS Southern California