The ARLIS/NA Southern California Chapter Travel Awards committee is pleased to announce that we will fund up to five (5) early-bird registrations to virtually attend the 49th ARLIS/NA Annual Conference (May 11-13, 2021). These funds are contributed from our annual travel awards: The Judith Hoffberg Travel Award and the Student Travel Award.
- Two (2) early-bird registrations for regular chapter members to cover early-bird conference registration (valued at $150.00 each)
- Up to three (3) early-bird student chapter members to cover early-bird conference registration, plus ARLIS/NA membership as needed (valued at $75.00 each)
To be considered for the award:
- Membership: Chapter member applicants must be members in good standing of ARLIS/NA and of the ARLIS/NA Southern California chapter. Student applicants must register as members of ARLIS/NA and of the ARLIS/NA Southern California Chapter upon receipt of the award, but need not be members before applying.
- Early-bird rates: Must register to attend the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference using early-bird registration (which ends on April 19, 2021)
- Financial Need: Only applicants who only receive partial or no institutional funds towards conference attendance will be considered.
- Report: Award winners must submit a short written conference report for publication in Canvas, the Chapter newsletter. This report will include an account of the recipient’s personal conference experiences and how the award contributed to their professional development.
To apply for the award, please fill out the application form: https://forms.gle/fC3FR1QpQVysqQgv6
Deadline for submitting an application is Friday March 26.
Award winners will be notified by Friday, April 2.
Questions? Email Laurel Bliss firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Travel Awards Committee:
Annalise Welte, Getty Research Institute
Laurel Bliss, San Diego State University
Lea Simpson, 2020 Travel Award Winner
Dianne Weinthal, 2019 Travel Award Winner
Jenna Dufour, Chair – ARLIS/NA Southern California (Ex-Officio)